Home

Spark, fuel compression still won't start

I have spark, and after repeated cranking the plug is moist with fuel, so I think I have spark, fuel, and compression, but it won't even sputter, nothing at all. I thought about pulling the carb and doing a rebuild, since that's fairly easy to do but I'm at a loss as to why this saw ran fine one day, then two weeks later wouldn't even sputter Joined May 24, 2016. ·. 10 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · May 24, 2016 (Edited) I just bought a 2004 Outlander and I can't get it to start. I have spark, I have compression, and I have fuel (I even tried spraying a little starting fluid in the carb). It turns over, but won't start. New battery....and I've also tried jumping it from a 2nd. The normal fix is to drain the fuel system, replace the fuel, and rebuild the carburetor, which is a cleaning and replacement of diaphrams, valves, etc. The next likely cause is possible loss of timing alignment. If there was no trauma to the saw's motor, this is unlikely. However if it happened, you could still get spark without combustion May 7, 2021 No Start Engine Will Not Start - But, Fuel Pump, Spark And Compression Are Good All engines require three things to start and run; spark, fuel and compression. So, if any one of these is missing, your engine will not start

The motor has spark, compression and fuel, but will not start. It's very frustrating. SPARK: I tested spark with an inline spark tester and it confirmed that there is spark. I cleaned the plug and lightly sanded it. It is gapped at .030 COMPRESSION: It tests at 110 psi, which I think is adequate for a mower I would suggest trying new spark plugs to be sure thats not the problem. You can have good compression, ignition, and fuel and still not get a 2 cycle to pop off and run. If you have a major air leak into the crankcase, you will never get it to start and may never even get it to pop

-compression On eBay - -compression On eBa

It should, or you are missing one of the other two components (spark or compression). If it does then look into the fuel bowls on the carbs, if it doesn't, double check the compression with a gauge (looking for anything readings that are similar and above 90 lbs), and then start checking electrical components with the service manual. Hope this. When your engine cranks but won't start or run, it could mean your engine is having trouble producing a spark, getting fuel, or creating compression. The most common causes are problems in the ignition (for example, a bad ignition coil) or fuel system (for example, a clogged fuel filter) Still nothing. I took some starting fluid and put it down the spark plug hole (Could not put it down the air cleaner without tearing the whole thing apart) and still nothing. I figured then that the plug might be bad. Just because it sparked out of the saw, did not mean that it could spark under compression I would start with the spark issue. Seeing a good spark jump across a typical spark plug on the side of the engine is one thing. Actually having a good spark inside is an entirely different issue. My suggestion is to buy a spark tester at the local auto parts store. They are really cheap and will tell you for certain if you do have a spark issue

Pull your spark plug wire, thread the compression tester's fitting into your spark plug hole, and turn your engine over with the key. Unplugging your fuel pump relay and ignition coil is good. Hi! I can't get my DR125 to run. I have spent hours on it trying to figure out the fault, but still wont run. I have - compressed the air out of the jets, cleaned everything on the carb - changed the spark plug (D8ea) - checked the wiring etc. I am getting a nice blue spark, lots of fuel, and good compression Clear the fuel from the cylinder by pulling on the engine starter a couple of times. Next, connect the spark plug wire after replacing or cleaning it. 4. Switch the Master Control to Warm Start Positio

my honda shop sent me the wrong rings causing me to lose all my compression. i suggest doing a compression test. i could feel compression with my finger over the spark plug hole but it wasn't enough to make it fire. if you rings are bad enough you will not start. if you have compression, spark and fuel then you are going to run unless you are. Re: js550 won't start? has, spark, fuel, compression. usually it runs from your negative battery terminal to one of the studs holding your carb on. the Ebox should also have a smaller gauge wire running from it to the negative terminal on your battery. and the timing is actually easy. 1. pull stator cover off hondaracing02 said: So I have an 01 polaris sportsman 500ho and a few years ago it randomly quit running. Got it out this winter, rebuilt carb, new spark plug, and fresh air filter. The machine is getting spark, and i checked the fuel pump and that seems to be working as it should because there is fuel in the carb bowl, but it will not start A normal gas engine needs power, fuel, air, compression, and spark. As indicated by the car cranking, power is not an issue, so it's likely an issue with spark, fuel, or compression. See, you. Links to products I have in my tool bag.Compression tester. https://amzn.to/2NMgezeSpark Checker. https://amzn.to/3bnXjmATygon Fuel Line. https://amzn.to/..

spark, gas, compression, but still won't start, what next

1. g or fuel delivery. i suppose its possible that your cdi is bad but i have never seen one get off ti
  2. 209 Posts. #9 • Mar 2, 2007. Make sure it isn't flooded. Take a plug out of each cylinder, if they're dry, shoot a little gas in there, put the plugs in and try it again to see if it'll start. It should run if you've got compression and spark. If your not getting gas it'll quit quickly, but it should run
  3. g and will cause hard starting or even imposible to start/run. check the ti
  4. Low compression lets the air/fuel mixture back into the case, so the saw doesn't draw fresh mixture into the case, and if the engine fires exhaust gases get into the case and really mess up the mix. The spark should jump a half-inch or so between the lead and head. 1/8 isn't much, and if it won't jump any farther than that you have a weak mag
  5. Air. I've had the filter off, it still won't run. So to summarise, I have a good spark, a good amount of fuel, all the air it wants, but it won't run. This brings me to the final point. Compression. Pushing the bike along with the clutch out, is hard and when trying to kick start it, it is just as hard as the kit on the other bike
  6. Unplug the spark plug wire from the spark plug if the engine did not start. Hold the insulated part of the spark plug wire with one hand and place the bare part about 1/4 inch away from the top of the spark plug. Step 9 Try to start the engine and watch for a spark between the wire and the plug
  7. No start withspark, fuel, and compression. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. K -Has nice blue spark, new spark plug just in case-Has good compression, checked KACR and it works fine If the engine won't start with a squirt of starting fluid, won't it have a harder time starting with gas which is much less volatile?.

Use promo code YOUTUBE to save 10% on searspartsdirect.com.This video from Sears PartsDirect shows what to do if your walk behind lawn mower won't start. The.. Stihl Chainsaw MS180C won't start. Good spark, good fuel, 100lbs compression. Brought to me with broken starter rope. Gas in tank no oil mix. Seems may been run on plain gas and locked up and that broke the rope. I replace starter coil, carb, and spark plug and no start. Any idea on my problem would sure be a help Compression. Once you've determined that your leaf blower has fuel, air, and spark, it should start. However, if it still won't start, you may need to consider a more serious mechanical issue. If you have little mechanical knowledge, you should contact a certified service agent Now it still doesn't want to start. It has a nice blue spark when I crank it without the coil connected, the plug comes out wet, so there's fuel when I take the plug out, hold my thumb over the plughole and turn the kickstart, there is definitely compression. Compression feels like it might be less than before, a bit easier to kick over. Not sure When your engine cranks but won't start or run, it could mean your engine is having trouble producing a spark, getting fuel, or creating compression. The most common causes are problems in the ignition (for example, a bad ignition coil) or fuel system (for example, a clogged fuel filter). However, the source may also be a mechanical fault (for.

I am working on a 2001 Dodge Caravan Sport 3.3L Flex Fuel that will crank, has spark, has fuel at the rail, has compression on at least the front 3 cylinders (cannot easily reach the back three to test), but will not start or even attempt to fire. Even spraying starting fluid directly into the throttle body does not yield an attempt to fire If the fuel is the cause of Stihl Chainsaw starting problems, you should c hange it with a proper fuel mixture. If the fuel is good, but still the chainsaw is not starting, look at the fuel tank for cracks and leaks. 4. Compression Problems. Compression is essential for managing the overall spark and fuel systems Just plain won't start. So am going to get a spark tester, and if it gets spark but still won't start, then I could either still have a bad coil (one of those ones where it works with no load but when it has load on it when plug is in engine it wont function), or I have a bad carb or fuel line issue I'm leaning towards a spark problem, because the closest it has come to running is the first thumbing of the starter after installing a brand new plug. The KACR is also a thought, because I've never seen an engine lose compression to the point where it won't start without also losing power and blowing smoke

1979 puch maxi won’t start — Moped Army

Spark, Fuel, Compression but NO START Can-Am ATV Foru

It turns over but wont start. has new battery. fuel pump is delivering fuel to the rail and is working. brand new spark plugs. tested for spark on all my plugs their good. tested all air and fuel related fuses and relays their good. changed the oil. Checked compression it is good Has good compression. I didn't make any changes from yesterday to today other than it getting rained on. The carb is filling up with fuel and working correctly. The spark plug is getting fuel to it. I don't like doing this but I sprayed starting fluid down the sparkplug hole and it didn't even wanna try to start

Chainsaw has fuel, spark and compression but wont star

Engine Will Not Start - But, Fuel Pump, Spark And

1. Gas Leaf Blower: Won't start. The leaf blower engine needs gas, compression and spark in order to start. First, make sure there's fresh gas in the tank-old gas accumulates water and burns poorly. Replace the fuel if it's old. Add fuel stabilizer to the gas when you refill the tank to help keep the fuel fresh. If the fuel is fresh, do preventive.
  2. Compression. If you've ruled out electrical, spark/ignition and fuel problems, but the engine still won't start, it may have an internal problem, such as low compression. A compression gauge is inexpensive and available at auto parts stores. Most engines will show cranking compression of at least 85 to well over 100 psi. If your compression.
  3. **2000 400ex Won't Start Now (Has Fuel, Spark & Compression)** Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 11 of 11 Posts. P pulled carb and it will shoot fuel if you hit throttle, ran and grabbed a good compression checker and showed 180psi with throttle open on cold motor.. I am at a complete loss here.. Only thing is I don't have a NGK plug in it.
  4. My 50cc 2 stroke engine won't start, it has fuel flow into the carb, and decent spark, and good compression, how - Honda 1976 CB 100 questio
  5. If the compression feels good when you pull it slowly I would suggest 4 - 5 drops of fresh gas in the spark plug hole then quickly replace the plug and give it a spin, this will rule out fuel problems. After 9 years fuel lines have been known to get hard and split causing air to be sucked into the fuel line
  6. Received 12 Votes on 12 Posts. It is very unlikely you sheared the flywheel key unless you hit something to stop the engine abruptly. With the spark plug out crank the engine 20-30 times to clear the cylinder, pour 1 teaspoon of fuel in the cylinder reinstall the plug, now while holding the throttle full open no choke try to start it
  7. Inspect the spark plug. One of the first things to check if your small engine won't start is the spark plug. Inspect the spark plug and see if there are any signs of wear or damage. Sometimes, you only need to get the spark plug replaced. It's a common solution if the electrode is damaged or burnt out, the porcelain insulator is cracked, or.

Changed Crank Sensor, Engine Compression is great 150 lbs on all cylinders.. New Coil. Put fuel down the throttle body and vehicle won't start. Checked EGR valve , took off new catalytic converter and would not start and got no back pressure. 2 week old oxygen sensors. All rubber hoses for vacuum okay. Old Fart Driving it 1960's Mechanic You have a no start , you need vacuum to push fuel up to the carb . With your set up without vacuum to operate the fuel pump your dead/done . I suspect if you crank your engine fill the fuel filter and carb bowl . I bet it will start if you have spark . After you fill everything up and it still won't start then prime it

Briggs has spark, compression & fuel, but won't start

What To Do If Your Boat Engine Won't Start | Formula Boats

If you forget to engage the kill switch before trying to start the bike, it will pull gas into the carburetor, but there is no spark to ignite the fuel. When too much gas enters the carburetor, there won't be enough space left to mix the required air/fuel ratio for the bike to start and run MG MGB Technical B won't start, but has spark and petrol. BBS discussion at MG-Cars.net. One thing you need to check is that the rotor arm is pointing at the correct plug lead when that cylinder is on the compression/firing stroke. The car won't start with old fuel because the lighter particles will have evaporated Get the bike running and keep replacing them. Might take 2 or 3 depending on how bad. 2. Take the top end off and spray out the bottom end with carb cleaner. BUT! You need to know why this happened. If you have a Mikuni TMX series carburetor, chances are the jet block gasket has failed and has to be replaced LT155 has spark, cranks, but won't start. Tags cranks lt155 spark. I don't think there is but at this point it wouldn't matter because you have confirmed you have spark. Spark, air, compression and fuel is all you need for the engine to run. 2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54 Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride.

1991 Jeep Cherokee won't start, getting good spark and

Compression, spark, fuel, air but not go? Hobbyist Forum

1. g from your Petcock or fuel pump and see if the Vacuum hose is Wet. If it is it the Petcock or Fuel pump is sucking gas through the Vacuum hose when it is creating suction and flooding it. jlee. Great Big Guru Dawg. Boot Scoot Boogie. Posts: 620. Scoot Won't Start, Despite Spark & Fuel. Nov 28, 2012 at 10:27am
  2. If compression (and spark, fuel, and injector pulse) is good and the car still won't run, then problems beyond the scope of this checklist must be diagnosed. — No Start Troubleshooting, Series III XJ6 XJ12
  3. If you have spark, fuel and compression, you should at least get a pop, even if it were a backfire. I would do as suggested concerning the muffler. I would also check to make sure the carb is not plugged. Without air entering, you won't get a fire. Another thought would be the diaphragm in the carb, as far as fuel is concerned
  4. g solenoids, and replace plugs. I have verified fuel to the engine, and tested the coils for spark. engine still..

Its getting spark, fuel and compression but won't run

My Engine Cranks but Won't Start (6 Reasons Why) - AxleAddic

1. c) Flooding. Another one of the fuel issues to check when your motorcycle won't start is flooding. The best way to un-flood an engine is by removing the spark plugs, turning the choke off, and turning your motor over to drain all the excess gas. If you have time, allow the motorcycle to sit until everything evaporates
  2. g
  3. So car cranks has fuel spark 145psi compression starts then dies the cam and crank sensor are new also the power transistor and coils are new IAC and ecu all new new fuel pump mfi relay any thoughts . My car has 186765 miles. My car has a manual transmission
  4. My suggestion. Pull the plug and replace it with a new one. Drain the fuel out of the carb by opening the bowl drain screw. Disconnect vacuum line or lines at the manifold and plug the vacuum nipple (nipples) at the manifold. Ensure the clamp for the carb to manifold is tight and the carb is seated fully into the manifold
  5. Ok.. I am having trouble with my 1993 Kawasaki KX 125. It has fuel, plenty of spark, and also good compression. This is what it does: Kick it many times and every now and then it will start.. run for about 3 seconds revving up with the throttle, then it won't respond to the throttle anymore and completely die out

Saw has spark, compression, and gas but won't run

6Toyota Celica Questions - 95 celica st crank no start

If your spark plugs are not working properly or even dead, that will have a detrimental effect of your vehicle's ability to start. Without that initial spark from the spark plugs in your vehicle's engine the engine can't receive the fuel or the compression to jumpstart the engine A clogged air filter, bad spark plug or contaminated gas can prevent your walk-behind lawn mower from starting. Troubleshoot the problem with this video, which shows how to check engine compression, clean the fuel line and look at the choke linkage, return spring and carburetor 1991 CHEVROLET TRUCK. V8. 2WD. AUTOMATIC. 90,000 MILES. I have my 1991 chevy truck that I let sit for about a week without starting and when I went to start it, it would not turn over. It sounds like it wants to start but won't turn over. I replace the all the spark plugs and it still won't start Bayou 300 has fuel, spark, compression, but won't start? Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 13 of 13 Posts. bruteforcekayaker · Registered. Joined Oct 11, 2010 · 67 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Jun 14, 2012. Just bought this 1995 bayou 300 4x4 fairly cheap knowing it wouldn't run..

Right now it turns over but won't start. I smell gas so I took the coil off one cylinder and plugged in a spare plug to see if it would spark. Grounded the plug out and turned it over and saw no spark. The short version of the engine story goes as follows. : Took out the original motor. Put in a used motor. Used motor developed a knock Check your fuel tank. When your truck turns over but won't start, the first thing you need to check before any troubleshooting is your fuel tank. While this might be obvious, your engine won't start without fuel in your tank, and many people start panicking and searching for potential culprits when their fuel tank is empty Why should an engine that has everything right still refuse to start. Well, it takes 3 things for an engine to run: Compression Air/Fuel mixture Spark. Here are some hints and tests to perform to find out why it won't start. Be methodical in troubleshooting. Don't take anything for granted If you are sure spark is present, give it a shot of starting fluid in the carburetor. If it does not start check for compression. Still no start make sure timing is good and valves are operating properly. An engine needs fuel, air, compression, and spark to run so check things out one at a time and I am sure you will get it runnin Once you confirm the battery is still good, that's one less worry as you try to source the true problem. In general, the issue likely falls into one of three categories: fuel, compression, or spark. To start the bike, you need to determine which of those is missing and how to reintroduce it

Compression. If gas, spark and air are all present in the right combinations at the right time, and the mower still doesn't start, check the engine for proper compression. Compression gives the engine enough vacuum pressure to keep the moving parts moving and the systems working. If the engine loses this compression, the fuel will stop flowing. The minimum is actually, air, gas, spark and timing. If you have some compression, some spark, some gas and the spark at halfway the right time, you should at least get a chuff out of it here and there. I assume if you placed a petcock it has fresh gas in it. Never work with gas more than 2 weeks old

mercury has spark, fuel, and compression but will not star

I have a deere GT225 mower that won't start, I've replaced

Here's How You Diagnose An Engine That Won't Star

My sons 1994 BMW 325i won't start. I've read every post I can find and tested all of the sensors. Cranks over normally and has spark, lots of fuel pressure and volume, injector pulse via #194 bulb, good compression, battery at 13.5 volts. The only weird thing I can find is that the check engine codes won't finalize When I started the season it would start then quit, but re-start at a later point. At some point it just stopped starting. I took the following steps: *Emptied the gas tank and put clean fuel in *Cleaned the Carb with Carb Cleaning Fluid *Replaced the air filter and spark plug *Replaced the fuel line system *Finally replaced the carb. It still.

MotoMojo Motorcycle Malfunctions: What to Do When YourNissan Frontier Questions - No spark at plug - CarGurus

bike wont start. Has spark, fuel and compression (stator ..

Discussion Starter · #1 · Apr 11, 2010. I recently replaced the blown heads gaskets on my 68 302 after being told to F off by the shop that rebuilt the engine a year ago. I've put it all together with a new distributor (Pertronix Flamethrower), and now it will not start. It is getting fuel, and getting spark. I got the engine to top dead on. This is at least twice as much work as staying on top of the regular maintenance. Always start by looking for and fixing the most likely problems like fuel supply, clogged filters, corroded connections, burnt points, fouled plugs, etc. If you smell gas, and it won't fire, remove the spark plugs, and replace with a fresh set Checked compression has 175 in all 4 cylinders.(m42) Also was getting spark but back fires a little bit when plugs are in.(cranks fine when out) Checked around and figured it was a cam position sensor or crank sensor changed both cam and crank sensors still nothing. Changed fuel filter, plugs and air filter still nothing I have a 1997 Polaris Sportsman 4x4 400 2-stroke that I can't get to start. This is what I've done so far: 1.Checked compression, 120 psi 2.Good spark 3. cleaned carb twice. 4.Getting fuel TO carb, no leaks 5.Not getting fuel to spark plu 6.Checked intake boot and reeds, reed pedals have a very small gap so I am installing new boyesen reeds this weekend as well as a new NGK plug, choke cable. Car is getting p0340 code changed camshaft position sensor.still won't start could it be crankshaft sensor. It's getting fuel and spark from the plugs. Got the battery charged as well. What else could it be? My car has 169005 miles. My car has an automatic transmission

Stihl Chainsaw Won't Start: The Problems and Solutions

Remove fuel line from carb. If electric pump, turn key on. If mechanical pump, remove spark plug (s) and crank engine. Pump about 8 or 10 oz of fuel...in a soup can, no need to measure! Reconnect hose and try to start. If still no start, debris inside carb! Remove, dismantle, clean, and reasm Check spark at plugs. Check for fuel in the bowl of carb. Check for obstructed air flow (dirty filter) Check for compression via spark plug hole. Sounds to me like your plugs are fouled out. Remove them, clean them, re-gap them and try again. Remember the recipe, air, fuel, spark, compression. 05-30-2021, 04:33 PM #3 Without compression, you won't get fuel and your ATV won't start. The steps are pretty simple if you have a compression tester kit. Basically, you remove the spark plug, hook up the compression tester and run the test. You just have to make sure your engine is at the down stroke in the compression cycle

Big Prob!!Gas,Spark,Compression

If an older carbureted engine won't start the adage that the pro's use is spark, air, fuel and compression. These are the four elements that are required for an internal combustion engine to work. The repair process is to systematically test to find out that the engine has spark, air, fuel and compression one at a time to rule that out as. After that I tried to start it and all that did was lead me to trying to do some more diagnosing as to why it wouldn't start. So I have fuel delivery and pressure a good battery and a lot of cranking but no spark from all 8 cylinders. I just replaced the crankshaft position sensor because that's what everything was pointing to as to going bad Bike won't start even with starting fluid. To confirm that it's getting fuel, you can put a few drops or gas or starting fluid into the engine through the spark plug hole. If it still won't start or make any kind of combustion noise, then you can confirm that it's getting fuel but still not starting. Spark 3 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · 1 mo ago. Hi! I have a 1984 dodge rampage 2.2 automatic. Last year it just died and won't start now. It's getting spark and fuel. It turns over sounds like it wants to fire but won't. I was told it was not timing either. A shop looked at it and said they think it could be electrical but it it was. Disconnected, dirty or fouled spark plugs are common causes for engines that won't start. Spark plugs typically need to be replaced every season or 25 hours of use. You should also check that the spark plug gap is set properly. >> Follow this guide on checking and replacing spark plug

1992 Honda Accord No Start: I Have Spark, Fuel, and